Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Orsem '06 Day 2

Fight A!(clap,clap) Fight T!(clap,clap) FightEFightNFightE Fight O!(clap,clap)

I had a stressful start to my day, but I rather tell you about the Orsem so I'll sum things real quick. I slept at 11pm, woke at 5, took me an hour to get to Sta. Lu because of the traffic, my jeep broke down 2 times, the second time I had to push, walked with Kenot from Greenpark to the Tropical,then walked all the way to Ateneo from Katipunan, stepped on mud, and arriving at the covered court feeling all tired and sweaty already. nice start eh? I thought so too.

The TnT's were still as perky and energetic as yesterday, and still bouncing upon chairs to the sound of rock music. There was still the morning show, but the thing that was impressive was the Blue Babble. In my Orsem letter its Blue Babble, but I saw a poster that says Blue Battle Battalion, and I heard someone introduced them as the Blue Babble Battalion. It maybe the Blue Babble Battle Battalion, but whatever their real name is, they are amazing. They are the ones in charge of revving up Ateneo's school spirit. They were the wicked sick Ateneo Drum line and cheer dancers. They even taught us the school cheers, but I don't think we will be remembering them anytime soon; they were pretty complicated.

After the kickass presentation they gave us, drum, cheers and all, we went to watch our Orsem film. I kinda thought that would be like an educational film about the school, like the ones I watched in career orientations. But oh was I wrong. It was done by students ofcourse, and it was titled "Lost"(in Ateneo). If you haven't guessed it yet, they did a spoof of the series "Lost". It was so funny, we kept on laughing during the presentation. Curly's bad numbers were grades. Hehe

we did some more Group Dynamics, playing stuff like the group juggling and others. Basically more get to know your blockmates stuff. Speaking of, I haven't talked at all about my blockmates, have I? Well, lets see. We are block JJ, and in a our block of 20 the girls outnumber the boys. We are a pretty diverse group. There's me, K, a Nigerian, some I guess to be Chinese-Filipino's, a couple of Assumptionites, and half of us are English-speakers. A pretty fun group to be with.

After lunch we went on wih our campus and org tour. Now that was as tiring as it was fun. We went from sponsored stop to next stop every 5 mins, in that time getting a quick introduction to the nearby area and whatever product happens to occupy the stop. After exactly 5 min we have to run off to the next one, cuz the schedule is pretty tight. We get had a general overview of the large number of different organizations.

In the end we did a recap of the Atenean cheers(not that that would help us remember it). I'm so tired. I better rest now. I still have to look forward to tomorrow, and Orsem night!!!

No comments: