Tuesday, June 13, 2006

ORSEM '06! Day 1

OrSem day 1! Wooooot!! Hehe..

Ok, so I left the house 5:30 in the morning, planning to make a quick stop-over at Lorenzo just for the heck of it, and then go to Ateneo for the OrSem. I thought I will have plenty of time when I arrive there, maybe explore a while, but traffic was a killer. Even that early in the morning all the jeeps I could find was full already. I rode with Rj's dad's PhiSci-bound Revo until Katipunan then took a tricycle to Ateneo.
I love Ateneo for it's treeful-ness and fresh air, but its kinda ironic to suffer through so much smoke before you get there. Being stuck in traffic is fine and all, I'm a pretty patient person, but if you have to sit through it in a tricycle and get to breathe in all the fumes from the street, thats another thing altogether. And dind't I say traffic was a killer? I arrived there at 7:00.

I found the venue quickly, the 8-basketball court large Ateneo covered court. And what a surprise. A large crowd of color-coded freshmen and pink-shirted freego's standing on chairs and bouncing to the beat of rock music being blasted on large speakers. Freegos? Hehe. those were actually TnTs, our Talk and Tours guides. I just call them freegos cuz thats what printed on their shirts. Hehe. I've got to hand it to those freegos. Not only are they friendly, their incredibly energetic. I mean incredibly. It's been 2 hours in to the registration and they're still standing on chairs and shaking their groove-thangs. Now thats commitment.

Orsem was like a cross between the orientation, a concert and a game show. I haven't seen so much freebie's in my life! The Morning Show was great, so was the Lunch show with matching surprise downpour. That beatbox they did was outrageous!

The Group Dynamics was fun. We got to know our blockmates, even a little. We played games like the boink-boink game and the human knot. Now i'm looking forward to other group activities.

We got to finally know what we were getting ourselves into with the course/departmental talks. I was previously hell-bent to attempting to shift to Environmental Sciences when I get to my second-year but now i'm having doubts. Development Studies seems like a good course. I guess time will tell what course I will choose.

There is just so much things we did I can't tell them all. We ran around a little. I thought the John Gokongwei building was good. I guess you just have to be there to understand. And in a very Catholic way, we ended the day with a mass.

Stay tuned for my comments on OrSem 2006!!! I wish I vcould get hold of a bunch of pics so that I can post them...

1 comment:

wongkarboi said...

I miss Orsem! Haha. Did you do the Banana already? You gotta hand it to em TnT's! Haha. Yeah JGSOM is the best! :P Oh by the way, I'll be in school tomorrow, I might see you. Or on Thursday for the org tours! Join LFC! :)