Friday, June 23, 2006

First week of college
Yeah, basically ended my first week as a college freshman in the Ateneo(they really have to call it the Ateneo. Why? beats me *shrugs*). Ended much sooner since we didn't have classes today because of faculty day.
Got to experience my first college class, my first block lunch, first free cut, my first english reading assignment thats thicker than all the assignments I've done during my highschool life(exaggerating? I don't think so) and so much more. What strikes me is my seemingly light schedule. Seemingly because some people told me even if I had that much free time it still would'nt be enough once the class work really starts. I only have 4 subjects during M-W-F starting at 7:30 with a 2-hour break after the third, except of course friday's lab day. Then 2 subjects during T-Th, PE at 9 am then 3 hours till my Fil class. See what I mean? It feels like there's so much time to kill in between. Time well spent though if it meant spending time with my block. Hi blockmates! I know your starting to read this na! Come read! Everyone is entitled to my opinion! Hehe, joking of course(no,not really). What I love is just walking around the campus(which in itself is a manner of killing time already), figuring out how to get from A to B. Great exercise, and saves trike fare too. Now I"ll need all the savings I can get after finding out how expensive college life can be. From the books that we'll need(can't find someone I can borrow from,damn) to the 2-inch thick pile of photocopied paper we had to pay for, college can quickly drain your allowance(not that I have an allowance). I even have to get a Php900 Arnis uniform, not to mention the sticks worth 200! Considering the price of Ateneo's - I'm sorry, the Ateneo's tuition fee, I don't want to burden my parents any more than I have too. I guess the only way I can repay them is if I do well, and that's something I have to work really hard on...

No comments: