Wednesday, May 10, 2006


Regrets?


I was so tired yesterday that I've only managed to update my bloggy today. So tired because in fact, I went swimming. Oh yeah, I chose to join my classmates in a day of swimming instead of getting it off easy watching a movie in plush, air-conditioned Gateway. And how many times I've wished that I went to Gateway instead.

Our "class" of 12 people went to Serene Club Resort, up somewhere in Tikling, where the only thing I liked are the pools and the view. The pools were arranged in a terrace-like fashion, 3 pools positioned like a stair where you can drop to the next pool below. And let me tell you, dropping(not jumping, just dropping) 8-feet over and over again from one to pool to the next was fun and exciting, and a little head-jarring.

We ate a lot of food, some home-cooked and some we prepared ourselves on the spot. In fairness, they're good at grilling porkchop.

Half the time I tried my best to put a good distance between me and the rest of the group. I'm not being a loner, or "nagpapakasenti" or what others you might be thinking of. I was staying away because all of them were smoking. I hate cigarette smoke because I'm asthmatic and I think I even breathed a stick and a half worth of it just by standing next to them. Our cottage turned into a 15-square foot ashtray because of all the cigarette butts,ash,poolwater,ice,dirt, and softdrinks on the floor. And I didnt even bring slippers. I don't know if its a shock to you if I said the girls were the ones who sucked the most sticks, one of them even finishing 6 in the time it took for me to change and take a shower.

Aside from smoking, there was also drinking, though not alot mind you. The more conservative ones drank San Mig light and the more masculine ones were sipping down shots of brandy. We all tried at least once, including me just to show off and not be a wimp(I still dont get it why people like beer or brandy,because it still doesn't taste good to me).

To the part I hated the most. We contributed for our stay in the resort, and they managed to take Php 300 from me for the cottage, entrance and food, not to mention commuting fee for going there. Aside from losing a good chunk of my allowance, I lost my goggles! I've lost like 10 goggles in my lifetime and my father never liked it and sure as hell he won't like it when he finds out I lost another one. One minute somebody was using it and the next thing I knew it was gone. I spend a good chunk of my stay there combing the depths of every pool for those googles, but I never did find it. I always wished after then, that I went to Gateway instead.

If I had went to Gateway, what would have possibly happened? I wouldn't lost my goggles thats for sure. I could have watched Silent Hill, Mission Impossible and could have been treated to lunch instead of spending alot.

So do I regret my decision? Hell no. What's regret gonna do anyway? Pay back my monety and return my goggles? If it did then regret would have been a good thing. But what regret only does is blind you form seeing the real value of experiences you had, and the things you could learn from them. I don't regret joining my classmates, It was fun, I had fun. I wished somebody was there with me that could have shared it, because she wouldnt have put up with all of that smoking, that's for sure.

But if given a chance, will I choose to go to Gateway instead? Hell yeah!!

No comments: