Thursday, September 23, 2010

Motivation

This is actually the difficult aspect of writing, that is, finding the motivation that will compel me to do so. So far I've only written when it comes naturally, because that means I've got a good handle on how to write it, what's the purpose and a good angle for it. If not, I will struggle to put into words my abstract thoughts and it is difficult. I should work on this next - forcing a free write on something more serious, because well these last 3 posts are techincally forced free writes.I have enough ideas keeping me annoyingly awake at night these past few days, half-baked concepts and unfinished paragrapgh constructions about the road not taken, being normal and opinion writing that given any idle time my mind will race through the topic until it hits a brick wall. I'm basically mental blogging the entire day. I wish that there comes a technology that can translate thought to text someday. Or I should just carry a recorder around. It's either that, or I'm entering another meh phase.

RiB

Yeah so I watched Rhytmn in Blue last night. I didn't know it was that big an event. I've basically ignored it my entire college life since it's about dance. Perhaps also since there was no influence around me then would have dragged us or at least made me curious enough to watch it.

I was surprised at how good the other orgs are. I was expecting simple dance routines since these are basically ad hoc danced teams that the different orgs put together for the contest. But their choreography was actually at a competititve level - so good in fact that even orgs that you wouldn't expect to have a group of talented dancers like BoX or AMS (sorry for the stereotype) actually out performed even CADs. Well, CADs' numbers were boring.

Of course the reason we went there was to support Ann, and so we waited eagerly for their group to come on stage. And she was amazing, especially since she says it's her first time. She seemed like a natural, and they even flipped her around. Not many first timers you'd expect who are willing to do that.

I should remember to bring my camera. At least thanks to Ann, I managed to see an event that is actually amazing that I've missed my whole college life, so I'm thankful for that. It reminded me why Ateneans are the cream of the crop, and why I love my school. Cmon, even our Math geeks (sorry haha) can tear up a dance floor. Give Ateneans a flat stage, and they will show you that they can compete at anything, and win.

No comments: