Monday, September 20, 2010

Blogging Back

So I've just finished rereading my old blogposts. Really, there is a discernible difference in my writing style from before and after 2008. I can't articulate it well, but before 2008 I was more conversational, like I was talking to someone in particular that made the post sound, natural. And after 2008, it seems like the writing is now without an audience. I can't get a handle on the distinct nuance of this writing style, but I know that it's different. I guess the only way to exercise back to that style is try narrative blogging again.

Blogging for the sake of doing is actually an effective way of exercising my writing ability. Reading back I see that my wittiest comes from that unedited explosion of thought that comes from writing about a new experience or epiphany. I used to write about even my most mundane opinions, and still make a good post. Surprisingly I could even end it with a profound thought. All it lacks perhaps is a second reading and clearing up careless mistakes and typos.

I guess due to the events of 2008 I taken more to internally picking apart my thought processes and held off coming to any conclusion until I figured it all out. Perhaps also my isolationist policy contributed to the sudden decline of my blog posts. I've come ignore or suppress my opinions, unlike the way I used to shamelessly write it down and present it to the world. I have to break this mold. Blog, even for the sake of blogging. This will be my 'conditioning' exercise as part of Operation Writers Block. Until I am satisfied that I have regained my ability to be witty and naturally conversational. Shall I blog about last Saturday's Nitrogen dinner? Perhaps I should. It will be a good exercise. And this is the latent purpose of blogging that I should remember. Writing about my experiences, putting o paper my reactions and thoughts about it, thte wonder that comes from doing something for the first time or stepping foot on a place I've never been, will allow me to relive them later, and God knows I get to more adventures that I actually acknowledge. but that will have to wait for tomorrow. It's past midnight already.

No comments: