Sunday, June 24, 2007

NSTP

Yesterday's NSTP orientation was just...useless. A poor recreation of ORSEM that only made us sit through 2 hours of heat trying to teach us something we have already assumed as the main job of NSTP. Aside from ordering our NSTP t-shirts, it was all a big fuss for something that could have been done in a classroom. As least that way we'll have fans

After that, I went with Julius and did the usual McDota routine - Eat first at Mcdo and play DotA, or the other way around; an old high school tradition. We were chatting in Mcdo when I spot a cute girl two tables over with a guy. I actually prolonged our conversation because I cannot bring myself to get up and go home even though it was already getting late. And all the while I was thinking she was there with this guy having fun and I'm here sitting with Julius talking about why we lost the game. Then it hit me; I'll never get a girlfriend this way. Sure it's fun to hang around with Julius, at least I have company, but I usually have to sacrifice the rest of my time and attention,that sometimes I feel like I'm suddenly cut-off from the rest of the world. The occasional man-date with Julius is fine and all, but dammit I need a girlfriend.

Today I had one of the most fun days I had for quite a while. It was with my friends after the cotillion practice for a debut this Saturday. We had fun talking around a table each with a plate of spaghetti, sharing old stories, making fun of each other, making jokes and just plain laughing our hearts out with every comment. It feels like I'm back in high school, and having fun like the good ol' days, the kind I never have in college. Ateneo has a more 'mature' kind of fun. Well, I am in college now, so I have to accept that.

I have a cute partner for the cotillion. It's funny though cuz 2 of my friends have taken a liking to her and vice versa. I know this cuz I'm an expert at reading body language - how come? Because that's what you learn at just staring at women for long periods of time. Anyway, my point in saying this is that I find it funny that they're forming this crush-triangle with each other while I'm the partner of the cute girl. Ain't it supposed to be me who's part of the triangle and not out of the loop, er, corners?

No comments: