Monday, April 23, 2007

Stargazing

Ever noticed I use the pseudonym (or whatever term is applicable) Stargazer alot? My blog is Stargazerspoint, my multiply is stargazersplace, my ym id is stargazer_xv and if you knew, most user names I use over the internet is Stargazer or something of the like. If you saw a player in an internet game with the user name Stargazer, chances are its me (of course there's a bigger chance that it's not).

Last April 21 I saw this exceptionally bright star under the moon. And to my frustration I can't look at it clearly or find out what it really is. I only had binoculars - damn good ones though, could see craters on the moon - but it still only looked like one big bright blur. Then I remembered that that night was the annual meteor shower that I've been trying to catch for the past couple of years, and sad to say, I have to wait another year to have the chance to catch it again.

That's why its become my mission to get me a telescope. No more noob stargazing with binoculars. Its time to become an amateur hobbyist stargazer.A telescope soon (timetable is set at before I turn 20) - I'll buy it with my savings, first job paycheck, cash I get somehow, through ebay, even if I have to make one myself. But through whatever way I'll have to get it somehow. It's more important than buying a car

I love to look at the stars. I love the way the night sky looks. i can't describe the feeling. It's peaceful, serene, perfectly calm and silent. The darkness just kind of sucks in all my emotions and leaves me in a tranquil state. Not to mention that the night sky is utterly beautiful and infinitely romantic. The stars look like diamonds up in the sky, and as cliche as it sounds there's no better way to describe them. And it's sad that only few people can admire them as they are, and only few people can ever truly see them. Its because lights from the city drown the starlight out from the skies and air pollution fouls up the air that you can't see them anymore.

And this is why I'm an environmentalist

The stars are more than just distant lights. They symbolize something more, an impossible goal, a romantic dream, distant guides; only to be admired, forever out of reach. Thats why I love looking at the stars, and that's why I 'm a stargazer.

Cheesy, isn't it? :p