Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Beating the Summer Heat


Every night for the past two weeks I would stay up till past midnight, listening to slow songs on Myx. And every night before I sleep I lay with my eyes open in the dark and look out my window, gazing at the stars and thinking how beautiful the moon is at this hour and how few people know it. And its at these times that I realize that…

GAWD!!! I’M SO EMO!!!





Maybe its just boredom that drives me to think this way. Hell, it’s been almost a month since I last posted anything. For some reason when I’m bored I get lazier and therefore since I don’t do anything I just get more bored. I’m already excited to go to summer class.

Couple weeks ago I received an email about a summer interview job from DevSoc. For those of you who don’t know DevSoc stands for Development Society, my home org and the job is surveying stint for Canadian International Development Agency Pearl-2 Project. Curious and motivated by the perks (cash, being able to put ‘researcher of the Canadian International Development Agency Pearl-2 Project’ In my resume eventually, workshop training. this counting as OJT hours and the satisfaction of getting my first summer job) I inquired and ultimately applied. Arwin said he was also interested but I don’t know if he applied too.

This is a great opportunity for a new experience but my concern is that I’m also gonna be taking summer classes. Of course academics have to come first (can’t believe I just said that) and this might interfere or worse have clashing schedules. I was reassured that it won’t, well, actually told we will be the ones who will make it work. They say that the project will only go through if they get at least ten participants, meaning ten survey subjects per surveyor at the most. They also said we will be the ones who will manage how we will conduct the interview and that we will be trained on how do it. Given that, I decided to apply, and waited if it will indeed push through or not.

And you know what, it did. I received a text yesterday saying that the orientation will be on Monday in Makati. I was excited because I was accepted but quickly became apprehensive. It was at 8 AM, on Monday, the first day of summer class. I’ll have to miss my first day of classes if I will attend the orientation. I hoped this was a one-time clash of schedules thing, because if this was only a foreshadowing of things to come then I’ll have to put my studies as a priority. Or at the very least be stressed out making this work without affecting my grades.

I guess I’ll attend the orientation. I’m hoping it will end early and I’ll be able to run back to Ateneo for my classes, depending on what schedule I get. Well, here’s to beating the summer boredom with a stress stick.

No comments: