Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Fool's Day

Yep, today is the perfect day for me to resume blogging. It's time to stop being foolish and get my life back on track. You see, for the past 2 months I've been Lazy - capital "L" because it's not the normal kind of laziness. I felt like I was depressed - without the emo-sadness, just the lack of motivation to do anything. I haven't even blogged, and that's not because my life has been uneventful. See that; my last post has been at the start of February about a joke music survey when I've spent Valentines Day alone, did my long-delayed electronic waste drive project, swiped 5-pounds worth of freebie reading materials from World Bank and Asian Development Bank, got showered by ashes watching a fireworks display in San Beda after parading around the Malacanang area for 3 hours, watched the foolishness that is the House of Representatives in person, became bartender for a night, became inducted as the new ESS Finance officer, survived swimming class, hopped through 14 different churches in a single day, finished the second year of my College life and so many more. I didn't write anything down because I lost my driving force, my enthusiasm, my inspiration or whatever you called it. I wanted to express my thoughts, but I couldn't get myself to do it. Pure laziness. I couldn't even care less about school anymore, which was foolish because it left me in a bad situation in some of my classes grade-wise. I have a stack of books I've wanted to read and I haven't touched one yet. My religiosity even waned. All that was in my mind was watching anime and playing DotA. Foolishness I tell you.

Well, that phase ends today. I'm forcing myself to breakout of this foolish Lazy-motivationally-depressed state, and the first step is this: forcing myself to write this new blogpost, and I tell you that took some intense self-talk before I got my butt in front of my computer and start typing. I've got so many things that I want to do, so many things in my mind and so many things I want to say. And it all starts with this post.

No comments: