Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Now it feels like college.

1 year and a sem after starting college, only now do I feel like a college student. Only now, after going to our major subjects ( DS 101, DS 122), non-traditional subjects ( polsci or psych is not a traditional subject, compared to science, math, English) and meeting professors where our first impressions match their reputations, having a computer lab as a classroom, several tiered rooms, and going to a class with 60 plus students with seniors and juniors. To me the last 3 semesters felt a little like high school in terms of academic effort needed. I coasted on a carefree cloud of unstress day after day, just like in high school. After today I know that won't work anymore. I can already see the running the stressful road ahead paved with reading, readings and more readings with my professors behind chasing me like dogs from hell. And you know what, I'm not even stressing-ahead about it, not the least bit scared. I'm actually excited about it. We're finally Development Studies students! Yeah! Good thing it's Christmas season. Not that it's all jolly and such, but because Christmas season always puts me in a somber, almost serious mood. I think it's the thought of visitations and all that. Or maybe it's the cold.

By the way, after 3 something years with me, my cellphone number has been terminated already. Now I have a new globe number (just ask for it, the hell I'll put my contact number here). Kinda sad though cuz I'm sentimental about that number. it's weird, it feels like it was a pet or something, cuz I had it for such a long time. Got me through the best and worst of times ( High school). But, in a metaphorical sort of way, since I am "starting college" now , it maybe a symbol of discarding my high school attitudes. Heh. I'm over thinking it now. Better get back to my readings.

No comments: