Sunday, November 04, 2007

November, for Nostalgia's sake

Halloween is over, people are returning from their visits to the cemeteries and it's starting to get cold. Yup, it's November already and only so far to go before the year ends once more.

Yesterday I went to my High school friend's birthday - debut actually, which I only realized when I got there and felt horribly undressed and lacking a gift. It was a minor detail anyway(I hope). There a few of my HS friends got together to eat and catch up. It was fun to see them again, but more importantly, I was feeling nostalgic all night. One of them even said to me that I gained weight. All the weight I lost during college came back this sembreak. Now I'm back to my HS build, and they noticed it. Yup, nostalgic indeed. Anyway, I forgot how fun it was to hang out with them. I didn't even mind becoming a model for a moment. Who knew I was pretty if I became a girl. Hehe...ehemmm... moving on...

Before I started to write this post I looked back at all the posts I made in this blog of mine, just for the heck of it. I forgot how witty I can be, hehe. I must be losing practice. While reading back there are things that suddenly came back to me, like thoughts that are funny in hindsight, past events that I already forgot about and old forgotten musings about random things, like my first days in college. Eh, time flies..sigh*

Walking to church my mom just had to remind me about something I really like to forget about now and move on from. And she had to do it on this date, November 4, where what I'm desperately trying to forget started two years ago today. Now that, my friends, is being nostalgic.

Well, for the sake of nostalgia, I'll repost something I wrote a year ago that amuses me that went like this:
"its not like anybody comes here and reads what I post,meaning to whom I'm writing this now can only be cybernetic thin air, or even if say you a person is reading this, it was written not for you but only to satisfy the ravings of a madman who has found a better alternative than talking to himself, which is to just keep writing in his blog with knowledge that nobody is reading it so therefore assumes that he is in a way talking to himself, which is me. So therefore this elaborate explanation is only to entertain me, thinking that somebody will be reading this but knowing that nobody will, and so therefore have succeeded in accomplishing...what? To kill alot of time and get the satisfaction of expressing his notions of absurdity to a void that is the blog which neither listens or reads, and could therefore just be an abyss where one tosses one's thoughts to be lost forever."

No comments: