Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Blue Rose for…

Ok so the Blue Rose is an actual rose, given during the Blue Roast event as a way for seniors to express their hidden feelings, whatever form or degree it may be, to a certain someone. The rose maybe given to the guy or girl someone had a crush on since 1st year but never had the chance to talk to. A friend who never had a clue you felt that way. Whatever the example and no matter what Mon says, it is understood to have a romantic meaning to it, more or less. It is the chance to say something and avoid regret.

I didn’t give my Blue rose to anyone. And its not because there are no special girls during my college life. On the contrary, there are many that I want to give one to, but since I can’t give them all one - and I bet you’ll think it’s stupid - I thought it best not to give to anyone.

They are the ones who at some point in college I had a crush on. But even then that term doesn’t quite explain it all. I had feelings for them yes, in whatever form, for one reason or another I didn’t choose to do anything about it. I chose to keep them as friends. Regrets? I'll have to wait a few years to find out.

So if I had the chance, I would love to have given a blue rose to the girl who kept me company early morning before class for a year.

One to the girl I met on the beach, and the one I was with when I saw my first shooting star.

Certainly a rose to the only girl who can make me stop in awe whenever I see her, though I never got to talk to her.

Of course I would give one to the only girl who I admitted I feelings to.

One to the girl I stayed awake with waiting for the sunrise, and another to the girl I talked and walked with on a dark street one cold windy night

And perhaps too to the girl I danced with on a rooftop while the sun was setting

to the girl who I walked with in a garden as all the lights went out.

One to the girl I gave my heart to, even though she broke it.






Whoever these girls end up with are some of the luckest bastards in the world

No comments: