Monday, August 27, 2007

After a Long Week

Finally got a solid 8 hour sleep ever since classes resumed from the mid-August Sem break and this is just to take stock on the highlights of my past week.

Finally did the Theo report we have been dreading since its announcement. Father Roche is vicious in his nitpicking and questioning. I don't know if he liked our report, was just arguing for the sake of better explaining it, or downright saying everything we said was crap. At least after the sleepless nights, consultations and our Gateway trip to finish our report (we went to Gateway before Theo class to finish it and prepare - who knew Gateway had a much better atmosphere to study in than school), it's practically finished now. I'm just wondering what our grade will be.

Watched Buwan at Baril, and I say it's pretty good. The individual acting and monologuing was superb and moving, though some people might not enjoy it because of that. Arwin kept saying it was boring even in the scenes of extreme drama. Well, some parts were a little boring, but overall it was good. Depends on your preference I guess. Went home late then got up early for NSTP

NSTP is fun. Fun only on that time when we are already teaching, but it's a pain for the rest of the week.

Had a nice chat with a taxi driver on my way to the ESS alumni party last Saturday.

ESS alumni party was fun. Didn't see the person I wanted to see, so kind of a drag, but was fun nonetheless. Went home late then waked up early for some tree planting.

ASEAN tree planting at La Mesa. There are some pics in my multiply (which i'm currently fixing right now) if you want. I was prepared (expecting)a day of tree planting, but it turns out it was just a ceremonial event for the spouses of the ASEAN delegates where we are just picture fillers. We were just there for eye candy, so that in the pictures the delegates were helping the Ateneans plant trees. There were just 10 saplings and only 4 were lucky to be able to plant theirs in the pre-dug holes without the help of the delegates. I should be the 5th but some dude helped me.
Well, at least after we were treated with a buffet lunch. And at least I finally got to visit La Mesa ecopark.

Well, that was last week. This week it's a Histo paper for tomorrow, a way to pull my grade for Econ, finish that Theo report and who knows what else. Got to go, French class in a few hours

No comments: