Saturday, December 09, 2006

Blog Update: Last days of being young at 16

Oh yeah, almost my b-day. Damn I'm getting old! Hehe. Anyway, been a while since I posted so here it goes.

Last week Reming tore through the Philippines and caused alot of damage. As if we Filipino's aren't used to the fact already. But what gets to me are the people's apparent apathy. I'm not saying we Filipino's are apathetic. I'm saying we only care when it happens to us, generally. We see the destruction this typhoon caused in the already battered province of Bicol, but we all know as we watch that we maintain some sort of detachment to it all. Unless we felt it too. If only Manila got a whiff of what the people in the storms direct path experienced instead of being entirely spared without even a drop of rain. Camarines Norte was also in the swath Reming plowed through, and I shudder to think what sort of destruction was caused in that place. Our friends there aren't even replying to our texts, and we could only hope that they're ok.

Yesterday was our ESS Sportsfest and it was so much fun! All the events we played were co-ed, and a mix of different year levels. We played basketball, agawang-buko(oh yeah), touchball, catch-the-dragon's-tail and Takeshi's castle. Basketball was funny cuz it was a mix of experts and totally novice players. We kept laughing while we played touchball. Agawang-buko and catch-the-dragon's-tail were both incredibly physically battering games. Imagine the girls and boys both figthing over an oily coconut! I myself went against guys who are twice my size and have the body of RM (to those who know him) or your buffed up PE instructors. My body still hurts even now. A funny incident was when the girls were called up and when they rushed for the coconut Ricci was with them. Haha. Catch-the-dragon's-tail became a sumo wrestling of enormous proportions. Then Takeshi's Castle devolved into one large water fight that left all of us soaked through. By the end of that we were all dead tired, sweaty, oily and soaking wet. i'm having a hard time cleaning my white rubber shoes that turned black because of that affair. Yeah, that was a fun experience.

Makes me think about it though; why am I so open with my other college friends yet I feel I have to shut up when i'm among my course blockmates? I feel..repressed among them but when I'm with others I can show my fun(if not true) side. Thats why they think I'm such a quiet serious some sort of unfriendly emo dude. Others know what i'm like when happy and social. There is just something with my block that prevents me from totally letting go of my..shyness?

No comments: